Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sniper Longstrike

This longstrike is painted in woodland camouflage. It has a OMW Longstrike kit installed, which isn't the best for priming. That stinks eh, But luckily Xplored provided priming grips that work to remedy the problem. Thanks to Tactical Tag for saying is better than I can,


 "I proceeded to load up an 18 Round Clip for some extended testing.  After about the third shot, the priming handle piece flew off.  I recovered it and resumed testing.  Then I kept running into issues with the Longstrike not priming correctly and my excitement slowly began to turn sour.  This was the same issue, I remembered, I had with my Longshot spring upgrade.  In order to fully prime the blaster, I needed both hands to pull the priming handle back evenly. 










"Because of the way a bolt-action blaster is set up, there is actually uneven tension in the priming system.  The Longstrike isn't designed to handle that much stress, so the parts bend a bit and when you prime it, sometimes while the one handle is all the way back, the other side doesn't quite make it.  This means the catch doesn't engage and you can't fire the blaster.  This is an issue I have yet to read about in the Longstrike and one I hope to remedy."

That stinks eh, But luckily Xplored provides priming grips that work to remedy the problem. Hopefully one of those can be installed and fix the priming issues. But until then, here are some photos. 



















2 comments:

  1. errr check the text, I cant read white highlighting, never the lest I found a way to ready it by highlighting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately the Xplorer rapid fire grip that you're referring to covers the rear tactical rail, removing any possibility of putting any sort of scope on it (it is a sniper after all). I built a Dragunov from a longstrike and I wanted one to counterbalance the massacre kit, but the low profile scope I had for it didn't quite agree.

    ReplyDelete