Thursday, August 4, 2011

Nerf Grenade Launcher and Shotgun

So something that we have all been waiting for. A foam safe alternative to the M-203 or the M-79. I have accomplished just that. First we start with an Airzone Rocket Storm: The box says flies 40', and they got that pretty good. All 6 rockets that I fired in the tube from 45 degrees got somewhere between 38 and 43 feet outside. Nice. When I mod them, I give a nice spring strech and got a few rockets to go as much as 50'.
I also cut the tube and the rod down, making loading of the tube efortless. All that needs to be done is to push the rocket onto the rod until is snaps into the launching mechanism. Using your palm, anybody can do this. Below are some different guns that I built using the tubes, as well as other guns that have gotten the M-203 treatment.

New in package

Original firing mechanism, very long.

Modded firing mechanism

elarianm's Stampede GL in Urban camo





TheCreamyJif's Longshot GL in worn black/silver

Gun 1 of 2, an old recon was fitted to the trigger assembly system making a
push button trigger into an actual trigger

Sticking with the original push button trigger, but using more recon for a detachable stock.
A raider priming handle was cut and affixed to the stock.



This is a promo for the nerf shotgun. It actually works, rather than shooting darts and rubber bands.
Four balls, a trigger ball, and a peg is all that you need to make this awesome piece work. The best uses are in a elevator, stairway, or wallway. I can't wait to get this out on the battlefield. Our target was standing 25' away from the gun. Angled, the shotgun balls fly up to 40'.

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can u buy these at? And how much are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shoot me an email. Do you want just the football launcher? Last I saw they were all off the shelves and on clearance a year ago.

      Delete
  4. Do you still have/make things like this if you do how much would something like this set me back? I saw you made one specifically for a stryfe in elite colors and I really like it neat concept excellent execution awesome job.

    ReplyDelete